You’ve heard of the Mommy Makeover, but there is now something called the Daddy Do-Over. With cosmetic surgery becoming more and more accepted by men, the Daddy Do-Over has come to light. This can involve many different procedures, but some of the most common surgical procedures done by men are hair transplants, facelifts, eyelid surgery, liposuction, and tummy tucks. There are several reasons why men are seeking out cosmetic surgery. First, competing with younger colleagues in the workplace has led to older men wanting to look younger in order to get an edge on the younger crowd. Experience is fantastic, but looking the part is also very important in today’s society. Second, with the divorce rate at 50% older men are looking to date and possible re-marry. Attracting a potential spouse or partner leans heavily on looks these days and cosmetic surgery can rejuvenate the face and body. This can take off years and provide the man with a more refreshed, less tired, and younger looking face and body.
For the actual procedures, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon. Here is a list of the procedures that can make up the Daddy Do-Over:
- Hair transplants – with male pattern baldness, a man’s age is obvious. Hair transplant techniques have evolved so much that at this day and age we can restore the hairline naturally with no scar, minimal discomfort, and only about 5-7 of downtime. The procedure is done right in the office under local anesthesia and the results can be amazing! Before and after hair transplant photos can be found at www.ChesapeakeHair.com
- Facelifts – Turning back the clock is not just for women anymore and this is very true for the face. By hiding the incisions in the hairline and along the ear, a facelift can be done with inconspicuous results. By tightening the neck, lifting the jowls, and restoring volume to the cheeks a facelift can give a less tired, more refreshed look. A facelift can be combined with other procedures like eyelid surgery saving recovery time and money. View some facelift before and after photos to get an idea of what a facelift can do for you.
- Eyelid surgery – like a facelift, eyelid surgery can remove the extra skin of the top eyelids (causing what we call “hooding”) and it can remove the bags underneath the eyes. The excess skin of the upper eyelid and lower eyelid bags can really make a man look tired. With eyelid surgery, this tired look can be reversed allowing the man to look years younger.
- Liposuction – diet and exercise may not be enough these days to remove excess fat on the body. Liposuction of the abdomen, love handles, and chest can provide the man with a more shapely and contoured body. Liposuction can be done alone or with other procedures like a tummy tuck for full body rejuvenation. Viewing Baltimore liposuction before and after photos are important for men to get an idea of what liposuction can do for you.
- Tummy tucks – even though tummy tucks are more common in women, they have become more popular with men who have lost a lot of weight. Looking good in clothes after losing weight is easy, but out of clothes can also be very important. With the scars being low and in conspicuous, a tummy tuck can provide a man with a flatter abdomen without the excess skin common in those who have lost a lot of weight.
All in all, the Daddy Do-Over is here to stay and it’s just going to get more and more popular over the years. Minimal pain, safety, reliability, and great results will lead more and more men to seek out ways to compete in the workplace with the younger generation and to attract a partner or spouse if they are back in the dating game.