Micro needling is a popular non-surgical treatment that helps improve your skin’s appearance. It’s often used for anti-aging and acne scarring, but it can also enhance the look of sun damage or stretch marks. The procedure is performed using a small device called a “micro needling pen,” which has tiny needles that penetrate the top layer of skin. Micro needling stimulates collagen production and improves elasticity in your face—both things give you smoother-looking skin. However, it’s important to note that micro needling results will only last as long as you take good care of your skin. In this article, we’ll talk about Baltimore Micro Needling and Micro Needling Side Effects.
What Is Micro Needling Baltimore?
Baltimore Micro Needling, also known as PIN (Percutaneous Induction Needling) or PCIT (Percutaneous Collagen Induction Therapy), is a skin rejuvenation technique that involves the use of a handheld device by puncturing the skin with tiny needles to create minuscule punctures or microchannels in the epidermis. This process can help reduce fine lines and wrinkles, improve elasticity, decrease pore size, and even lighten sun damage and hyperpigmentation scars from acne, burns, and stretch marks. In addition to these benefits, micro needling also helps to boost circulation around the face for an overall brighter complexion. However, it is important to note that some people may experience minor Micro Needling side effects such as temporary redness and irritation after treatment. (1)(2)
How Is Baltimore Micro Needling Done?
Micro-needling is a procedure that uses a flexible tool to penetrate the skin at different levels, depending on the needs of your lower eyelids and crow’s feet. The procedure is done by gently making hundreds of tiny punctures in the skin. This process stimulates collagen and elastin production, two important proteins for maintaining the skin’s youthful appearance.
Micro needling takes about 20-30 minutes, and no downtime or recovery period is required. A single micro needling session can be used alone—or in combination with other treatments such as chemical peels or microcurrent facials—to fight scars, wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation. Most Micro needling patients have a healthy pink glow immediately after the procedure, which lessens dramatically within 24 hours or less.(3)
Difference Between Micro Needling And Facelift in Baltimore
Microneedling and facelifts have a lot in common. In both procedures, needles or little blades injure the skin. As a result of these injuries, your body is stimulated to produce new collagen and elastic tissue. The results of both procedures will give you a more youthful appearance.
However, there are some differences between the two procedures. Micro-needling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that uses fine needles to create microscopic punctures in the skin. As a result, collagen and elastin are produced, which improves the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and acne scars.
Facelift in Baltimore, on the other hand, is a surgical procedure that involves removing excess skin and tightening the underlying tissues to give the face a more youthful appearance. It can address more signs of aging, such as sagging skin and deep wrinkles.
It will help if you ask your doctor which procedure is most suitable for you and the potential risks and benefits of each.
Benefits Of Micro Needling
Besides producing results that last for four to six weeks, micro needling can offer other benefits. These benefits can make managing the most common skin concerns easier, regardless of age.
· Enhance skin’s health and appearance: Micro needling is a cosmetic treatment that uses fine needles to improve skin color and texture. It works by stimulating your skin cells, causing them to turn over at a much faster rate than usual—which causes more collagen production and decreases wrinkling. For this reason, micro needling treatments can significantly improve superficial concerns such as dark spots and fine lines.
· Reduce Scarring: Micro needling can help improve the appearance of certain scars by smoothing their surface and stimulating collagen production. Acne, keloid, and rolling scars are among those that tend to respond well to this treatment.
· Helps Alleviate Acne: Micro needling can treat acne by reducing inflammation, expelling excess sebum, and stimulating skin growth.
· Enhance Product Absorption: During the first week after a micro needling treatment, skin care products will absorb more easily into your skin and have more beneficial effects. Skin care products such as retinol and hyaluronic acid can help your skin look younger, smoother, and more radiant.
· Natural results: Micro needling achieves natural-looking results by employing the skin’s regenerative abilities.
Micro Needling Side Effects
Microcurrent therapy, like all cosmetic procedures, can cause some side effects. The most common is temporary skin irritation after the process. Micro needling side effects can include mild redness, swelling, and bruising at the treatment site—though these symptoms typically clear up in less than two days. This normal healing process will resolve in two or three days. You may also experience some sensitivity to light during this period; however, side effects should go away after a few days—so don’t worry!
How Long Do Baltimore Micro Needling Results Last?
The results of a micro needling treatment last for about a year but can be extended by using good skincare products. If you use good skincare products, the results will last longer than if you don’t use any. It’s important to consider what kind of skincare routine you should use before beginning a micro needling treatment.
Are Baltimore Micro Needling results permanent?
Baltimore Micro needling can produce long-lasting results, so the length of time for which you will benefit depends on two things:
1. If collagen is still produced in the skin during this period.
2. Amount of skin concerns you have.
Results from treatment are often short-lived, and it takes time to get the most out of it. We recommend you return for maintenance treatments once every 6-10 weeks to maintain your results indefinitely. Micro needling takes time to work—typically three months or longer if you want the best results. It will be best if you are patient and committed during this process.
What Is The Best Way To Maintain Baltimore Micro Needling Results?
The best way to maintain the results of micro needling treatments is by taking good care of your skin. We recommend following these tips:
· Exfoliate: Before micro needling, you should exfoliate for several days to get the best results. Doing so will help shed dead skin from your surface—improving its effectiveness.
· Apply Sunscreen: During the first two weeks after a micro-needling treatment, apply sunscreen daily to prevent sun damage. Limit your exposure as much as possible during this period, so you don’t get discolored or dried-out skin caused by ultraviolet radiation.
· Moisturize: Following micro needling, keep your skin well-hydrated and nourished. It’s the perfect time to add in extra hydration and use topical anti-aging products—they will be absorbed more effectively on the freshly punctured surface of your dermis. Some patients find that using an antioxidant serum and a sheet mask on the same day as their hyaluronic acid treatment gives the best results.
· Avoid Touching Your Face: Your risk of infections can be reduced by washing your hands before you touch your face and applying antibiotic creams if prescribed by a dermatologist.
· Avoid sweating: To give your skin time to heal, avoid activities that cause you to sweat. Avoid swimming pools and saunas during the first 72 hours after treatment and heavy workouts at the gym. The best way to maintain recovery is by keeping your stress levels low.
Hopefully, this article has helped you understand how long Baltimore Micro Needling results last. The longevity of your treatment depends on many factors. Taking good care of your skin and following a doctor’s or other professional’s advice can help you achieve better results than expected.
Baltimore Plastic Surgery is here for you for all your facial and skin rejuvenation needs. We have an experienced team of professionals ready to answer any questions about face or skin procedures. Feel free to give us a call at (410) 205-1846.